Meeting held via Zoom virtual meeting
22 members present
The Council was called to order at:
- 7:04 P.M. by Grand Knight Ken Higdon
Prayer was offered by:
- Deacon Charlie Miller
The roll of officers was called and noted as follows (P = Present; A = Absent):
Office Name P = Present; A = Absent Chaplain Fr. Brian O’Connor A Grand Knight Ken Higdon P Deputy Grand Knight Patrick Murphy P Chancellor Andrew Ortiz P Recorder Mike Sassman P Financial Secretary Chris Wild P Treasurer Steve Lukezich P Lecturer Andy Hunyady P Advocate Frank Piper A Warden Kevin Luckhaupt A Inside Guard Daniel Chun P Outside Guard Charles Higdon P Trustee (3rd Year) Andy Hunyady P Trustee (2nd Year) Ernie Winnestaffer A Trustee (1st Year) Vern Meyer A District Deputy A Insurance Agent Mike Williams P
The Opening Ode was:
- Was not sung
The Minutes of preceding meeting were:
- Motion brought forward to approve minutes; Motion seconded; Approved
The Chaplain reported as follows:
The Grand Knight read the applications for membership approved by the Admissions Committee as Follows:
The results of balloting were:
The following notices of applications in other councils were read:
The Council conferred the <DEGREE> Degree on the following:
The Grand Knight reported as follows:
- Virtual State Convention
- Attended by Andrew Ortiz and Ken Higdon
- We have surpassed the 2 million member mark
- 56,000 in Ohio
- In 10 years of the ultrasound project, more than 1,200 machines have been purchased
- Approx 60,000 babies have been saved through the program
- Baby box project by a council
- Box installed at a fire station or hospital for mothers to give up their child safely
- Automatically calls emergency services
- Only 3 in the state of Ohio and none of them are in Columbus
- Possible future project?
- Super Cash Bonanza drawing – June 27
- Final turn-in to Chris Wild is June 8
- 210 tickets sold so far
- More tickets available upon request
- Food & Diaper drive
- Thank you for all of the participation – 9 weeks in a row!
- 16,400 diapers & 209 packages of baby wipes
- Around 3,200 food and other items have ben collected!
- Columbian Award & Star Council applications are nearly ready to be submitted! We expect to receive both this year!
- Stay online after the meeting for a presentation by Mike Williams about Insurance
- First draft of next year’s budget will be available at the June meeting
- Blood drive for May was very successful.
- 50 schedule slots filled out of 55
- 46 donations collected
- That’s a record amount!! Our goal was 33
The Treasurer reported as follows:
See Attached File
The following bills were read and referred:
The following communications were read:
Financial Secretary’s report of receipts of meeting:
The Trustees reported as follows:
The Chancellor reported on Vocations:
The following committees reported:
- Program Director – David Evers
- Last call for “Of The Year” nominations
- Will be submitted in the next 2 days
- Life –
- Faith –
- Community – Food and Diaper drive – ending after Sunday May 24
- Family – Mike Sassman
- Membership and Retention – Patrick Murphy
Unfinished business was taken up and disposed if as follows:
The following new business was brought up:
- Bust of St. John XXIII available for purchase
- Offered for sale by a brother knight in Illinois.
- Value of around 900 Euros, offered for sale for $100 plus shipping
- Resin bust with good detail
- Reviewed by Todd Brausch and he said it looks good
- Fr. O’Connor is interested as well.
- Invoice amount is $204.55 (shipping included)
- Brother Andy Hunyady is donating the shipping cost ($104.55), and Brother Mike Redmon is donating $100 to cover the cost of the statue
- Total cost to the council is $0
- Council voted to authorize a check for $204.55, expecting full reimbursement
- Discussed possible bulletin announcement when it is received
- David Evers had the idea of installing a library box that could be outside of the church building since nobody has been able to be in the building for 9 weeks.
- Possible Eagle Scout project?
- Possible project for next fraternal year?
- Slate of candidates of office for the next fraternal year — Nominated and Approved by affirmation by the membership
- Grand Knight: Patrick Murphy
- Deputy Grand Knight: Andrew Ortiz
- Chancellor: John Stanley
- Treasurer: Steve Lukezich
- Warden: Kevin Luckhaupt
- Inside Guard: Charles Higdon Jr.
- Outside Guard: Daniel Chun
- Advocate: David Evers
- Trustees: Ken Higdon (3), Andy Hunyady (2), Ernie Winnestaffer (1)
- Recorder: Sam Garcia
- Appointments by Grand Knight Elect
- Lecturer – Andy Hyunady
- Program Director – Mike Covey
- Program areas
- Life: Mike Redmon
- Faith: OPEN
- Community: OPEN
- Family: OPEN
- Program areas
- Update on Knights reading materials?
- Mike Redmon has the materials at his house, ready to set out again.
- Look at setting it up again since Church is back on
- Into The Breach — Mike Redmon
- Discussed small group in-person format possibility (outside)
- Watch email for updates
Fourth Degree Report:
- Flag retirement collection is continuing
- Online exemplification is on June 13
- Contact Charles Higdon for additional details
- Old form of initiation may not continue in the future
The District Deputy reported as follows:
- Rob De Santos reported
- Exemplary job over the last fraternal year!
- Congratulations to the new officers!
- Supreme is working on a new set of programs for the next fraternal year
- Requirements for virtual meetings will be relaxed soon
- Recommend that we provide remote meeting options on a regular basis
- State is working on recruitment for a new district deputy
- Keep up the great work!
The Insurance Agent reported as follows:
- Presentation given after the meeting — 15 members present
Under Good of the Order:
- Fr. Frank Higdon
- Gabriel Garcia
- Jami Raubenolt
Closing Prayer was said by:
- Deacon Charlie Miller @ 8:01 PM
Recorder: Mike Sassman5 - Financial Summary May 2020